The Seckford Foundation
Seckford Springboard is part of the Seckford Foundation, which operates in and from Woodbridge, Suffolk.
The Seckford Foundation began with Thomas Seckford, who was born in 1515 at Seckford Hall. There’s a lot of history in the 500 years that have passed – but they have shaped the aims and values of the organisation that is known as The Seckford Foundation today.
The main hub of their work is focussed on:
- The Seckford Almshouses, which offers 10 Sheltered and 30 Very Sheltered flats, 19 residential rooms and a Day Centre;
- Woodbridge School, comprising of Queen’s House, The Abbey and the Senior School;
- The Free Schools at Beccles, Saxmundham and Ixworth;
- The provision of grants to applicants from the local community;
- An apprenticeship and mentoring scheme.
Their core values of Care, Commitment, Focus and Innovation are reflected in everything they and subsequently we do.
The mission of The Seckford Foundation is to “excel in the education and care of the young and elderly”.
Through Seckford Springboard we focus on helping young people practically, by providing apprenticeships, mentoring and grants.
For more information about The Seckford Foundation please visit the website.